Share The Spirit of Giving
You can help give her and her family a happy, safe Christmas that is free from violence and abuse.
As the holidays approach, money is often tight for women and children who have fled abuse. With rent, food and utilities, there’s often little left over for special meals or gifts to help celebrate the season. For some, simply being able to access SOWINS programs can be a gift that will change her life and that of her children. These women, children and youth need your support.
Here’s how you can help today:
- Donate today
- Sponsor a Hamper for a family in need
- Bring in an unwrapped gift for a child, youth or mother for the holidays
Your gift to SOWINS is a gift to help women and children live lives that are free from violence and abuse. Funds raised during the Share the Spirit Campaign go to where the greatest need is for SOWINS to help women and children in the community.
Share the Spirit Hampers
Since 1999, SOWINS has run the “Share the Spirit” project in partnership with donations from our community and an amazing team of staff and volunteers.
“Share the Spirit” hampers contain gifts of food, gift cards, and wish list items, and lots of community support for the women and children and youth that SOWINS serves.
Businesses, organizations, schools, workplace staff and individuals are invited to take the hamper challenge each year.
- The program is open to all women and families who have received SOWINS services in the past calendar year.
- The women submit an anonymous wish list to their counsellor at SOWINS which is then matched with an anonymous donor who fills a hamper.
- The hamper is delivered to a drop off point and then delivered to the woman or family by our volunteers.