Registered Clinical Counsellor - SAFExst
SOWINS is seeking to contract with a Registered Clinical Counsellor to work with both the staff and clients of the SAFEXST Program one day a week starting as soon as possible.
The Clinical Counselor will:
• work directly with individuals who are survivors or human trafficking; and who have experienced sexual violence and exploitation.
• counsel individuals with concurrent disorders, mental health and substance use issues, acquired brain injuries, etc.
• be comfortable and non-judgmental with a vulnerable street entrenched population.
• be sensitive to the realities of sex work and survival sex.
• provide crisis and debriefing supports to front line staff.
• provide referrals and transitions to other services.
• facilitate preventative mental wellness programs, classes or workshops.
• work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental health.
Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology or a related field.
Two years minimum recent related experience.
Personal Qualifications: Adaptive. Independent. Accountable. Sound clinical judgement.
Respectful, non-judgmental and inclusive at all times.
Follows through on commitments and obligations.
Fosters open communications.
Plans and organizes time effectively and efficiently.
This is a four-month contract for a Clinical Counsellor who will provide support to the staff and clients of SOWINS in the SAFEXST Program.
This Contract is for 8 hours per week / one day per week from December 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018.
The Contract may be renewed according to the terms of the contract. A new fiscal year starts April 1, 2018.
This is a contract which will be paid $500 bi-weekly plus GST (if applicable), plus reimbursement of approved expenses, commencing as soon as possible and continuing to March 31, 2018.
Priorities and outcomes will be discussed at the beginning of the contract and throughout.
Indicate interest in this contract by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org including your qualifications and experience.
Deadline for receipt of expression of interest is December 15, 2017.
Casual / Relief Worker - Transition House
CASUAL / RELIEF WORKERS FOR TRANSITION HOUSE
Casual / Relief with no set hours
This is an on-going posting
Transition House requires Casual / Relief staff to fill Women’s Support Worker (Grid 11) positions.
The Transition House is a residential setting for women and their children who have experienced or are at risk of abuse.
Women’s Support Workers provide crisis intervention, safety planning, and emotional support for women and their children.
Using a trauma informed practice approach, the Workers provide information about the nature of abuse, support in recognizing, understanding and overcoming the effects of abuse, and assist women to assess and prioritize their needs, and develop short-term plans with the ultimate goal of self-sufficiency and community connectedness.
Workers provide transportation and accompaniment to appointments (using SOWINS vehicle) as required.
Services are provided at the Transition House, or at other public locations in the community.
Women’s Support Workers develop and implement short-term, issue-specific intervention plans within program guidelines, plan and conduct individual and/or group counselling sessions using basic supportive counselling techniques, advocate and provide information and referrals to other community agencies.
- Diploma in a related human / social service field
- One year recent experience in the area of violence against women
- Ability to provide supportive counselling
- Valid full BC Drivers License with good driving record.
- Acceptable criminal record check
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Must be physically able to do general household chores; and be able to deal with ongoing crisis situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Second Language and / or good working knowledge of cultural diversity an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and a letter telling us why you are interested in supporting women who have experienced violence or abuse.
Send your application to: email@example.com
This is an H.S.A. Union position