Join the fight against violence and abuse.
Take a stand and walk for awareness and change.
Together we can raise $25,000 for SOWINS. Please join us on Friday, July 7th to walk a mile in her shoes and raise funds for SOWINS’s programs and services. Help us save and change lives by registering early and asking your friends and family for their support.
Your support will bring much needed awareness to the serious issue of violence and abuse in our community. Every dollar raised is invested locally to help save and change lives.
BECAUSE OF YOU: SOWINS was able to provide emergency shelter 2339 bed stays for women in 2016.
BECAUSE OF YOU: Our Children Who Witnessed Abuse program was able to support over 135 children in 2016 through outreach counselling.
BECAUSE OF YOU: In 2016 over 173 senior women received services in our Mature Outreach counselling program.
Be a champion for those seeking to overcome the effects of violence and abuse by donating, walking, and volunteering for our 4th annual event.
DATE: Friday, July 7th, 2017
NEW LOCATION: Rotary Park, Martin St & Lakeshore Drive W., Penticton
Check in 4:00 p.m. Walk 4:45 p.m.
On behalf of the women and families we serve, thank you for stepping up to support SOWINS. Together we can make a difference!
Contact: Marni Adams 250-859-0954 or email@example.com
Fundraising Tips for Walk a Mile in Her Shoes
Become a champion for violence and abuse survivors by organising a team and competing to raise the most funds in advance of the walk. Ready, set… go!
Please, join us for the 4th Annual SOWINS Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event. This great event will have you sporting a fun pair of red heels (or sandals) while you walk to help end violence and abuse and raise funds for this critical community issue.
This beautiful walk along the lakeshore will include music, guest speakers, food and drinks and the ceremonious flags demonstrating how much you have helped over the years!
You can be a part of the solution:
YOU can help local women flee to safety, a warm bed, full tummy and a plan for a new life!
YOU can see the most vulnerable children and youth in our community escape a life of family violence!
Set your fundraising goal and change lives for local women and children!
Asking for support/money can be tough so here is your fundraising checklist to get you started and successful in achieving your fundraising goal.
- What is your personal connection to the cause? Be sure to share this story with your friends, family and contacts as you ask for support. This is your story, your cause not just a great cause to give to.
- Support your cause. Be sure to support your campaign with your own donation. Even if you donate $10, it will show your supporters that you are vested in the cause.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for an amount. If you ask for $20 you are more likely to get $20 donations than $5 or $10.
- Set a reasonable goal, you can always raise it later. Unattainable goals are self- defeating. Start in a place that is comfortable. If you get there, you can always move it up later. It is your personal page! Minimum suggested target is $250.
- Getting the word (and ask) out! While social media is a great way to fundraise, email still gets the most donations. A personal email from you will bring in the best results.
- Be sure to post your progress. Let your supporters know how you are doing. You can post on social media or send an email, just keep them in the loop.
- Let your supporters know where the money is going! Did you know?
- 1 in 4 solicitation emails from peer-to-peer fundraisers results in donations versus 1 in 1,250 sent by the fundraising organizations themselves
- Peer-to-peer campaigns drov6% of Facebook traffic to donation pages versus 16% of Facebook traffic from all fundraising campaigns
- Participants using 1 mobile tool raised 2.2 X more than the non-mobile group
Launch Event - Brought to you by Earls
The Official Launch for SOWINS 4th Annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes® South Okanagan
We had so much fun last Friday at Earls Walks for you!
We want to send a special thank you to: Diane Fru for organizing such a wonderful event.
To Mike Tarrant (Earls Manager) and all his team for hosting the event, offering the complimentary food and drinks, and providing an exceptional service.
To the night’s entertainers, Yanti Sharples-Rowland & DJ Tenacious T who had us singing, clapping and dancing all night, Jessie Dunlop for the wonderful live paintings and Ryan Michael Lackey, the Magician, we are still trying to figure out how you did all your tricks!
And of course we want to thank all the businesses and individuals that supported this event by donating items for the silent auction, volunteers and everybody that attended and supported this event!
A total of $8,752.13 was raised for SOWINS programs and services!
On behalf of all the women, youth and children we serve, Thank you for caring!