We acknowledgee the financial assistance of the Province of British Columbia for the WE: Project.
All WE: Project classes are open to past and current clients of SOWINS.
What is the WE: Project?
- The focus of the WE: Project is to encourage healthy lifestyle choices, increase self-esteem, and to promote personal independence and community connection.
- The WE: Project brings together community members who share their life skills, passions, and healthy/ holistic living with the women and families that SOWINS’ serves.
- WE: Project classes include arts & crafts, yoga, meditation, cooking, sewing, reiki, angel cards, and more.
- Artists and crafters from the WE: Project also sell handmade items at various local market.
- Proceeds from market sales go directly to the artisans with a small commission to SOWINS to help fund future WE: Project classes.
WE: Project is seeking workshop facilitators
The SOWINS WE: Project is currently seeking volunteer facilitators for Monday morning and Friday afternoon programs. The WE: Project brings together community members who share their life skills, passions, and healthy holistic living with the women and families that SOWINS’ serves. Do you have a few hours to spare? WE: Project classes are offered several times per month for 1-3 hours each session.
Past WE: Project classes have included: arts & crafts, yoga, meditation, cooking, sewing, reiki, angel cards, and much more. Sessions can be a short series (2-4 classes) or standalone. This call is for our admin/ outreach office, but later this year we will be expanding this project to our new Transition House as well.
- Volunteer application process & interview (including Criminal Record Review Check with the Ministry of Justice – free with SOWINS)
- Short description of class you would like to offer (this is checked for suitability with SOWINS staff)
- Depending on your offering, proof of insurance and/or training may be necessary.
- Two references
For more information, contact Bethany at community (at) sowins.com or
Click Here to Email