free and confidential support
working toward independence
SOWINS Outreach Program provides free and confidential support services to women and children who have experienced, or are at risk of experiencing, violence or abuse.
The Outreach Program provides emotional and practical support, advocacy, and referrals. The Outreach team also works closely with the SOWINS Homelessness Prevention Program to assist women who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in securing safe and affordable long-term housing and provides ongoing support to women in maintaining their housing. Both program areas work collaboratively to provide support to women in building and maintaining relationships with landlords to keep their housing.
SOWINS Outreach Program Services:
- Developing and implementing supportive interventions to assist in determining client goals and the means of attaining them.
- Provide on going support to women and their children leaving the SOWINS Transition House and/or accessing other SOWINS programs and support services.
- Work in collaboration with community partners to deliver wrap around care.
- Emotional and Practical support
- Transportation and Accompaniment
- Crisis Support & Safety Planning
- Referral Support to other Agencies
- Parenting Support/Information/Emergency Baby Needs Supplies
- Support in Securing Safe Housing
- Legal Advocacy and Accompaniment (support with family law issues/applying for Legal Aid, and support in accessing victim services)
- Support with Applying for Financial Assistance (Income Assistance, Rental Assistance and Child Care Subsidy)
- Job Skills & Employment
- Public Education and Presentations
For more information call our office at 250-493-4366 or email email@example.com