Sexual Assault Response Services
safe, free, non-judgemental
- Ongoing emotional support for anyone impacted by sexual violence.
- Afterhours crisis accompaniment to police, hospital, and/or Transition House by a knowledgeable support person.
- Information on sexual assault, your reporting options, and resources available.
- For those who wish, accompaniment to medical appointments or at the hospital.
- For those who wish, accompaniment to RCMP to report a crime.
- Anonymous reporting option (Third-Party Reporting) for sexual assault.
- Justice system supports for sexual assault survivors/cases.
- Accompaniment to court, courthouse orientation, and assistance to request concessions to protect you at court.
- Assist with Victim Impact Statements and/or Crime Victim Assistance applications.
- Referrals for legal advice including low or no-cost options.
- Referrals to counselling and support programs.
- Safety planning and assistance with protective orders.
- Assistance to access practical supports like housing, transportation, food and more when possible and appropriate.
- Access to appropriate supports for child victims and supports for non-offending family members
- Collaboration with other programs, with consent, for wrap-around care to support survivors.