SOWINS’ Mobile Outreach Van delivers harm reduction supplies, information, and education to individuals in Penticton, Oliver, Osoyoos, Summerland, as well as smaller communities and camps in the South Okanagan.
It is a free service for all individuals in need of harm reduction supports, daily necessities, or community information. The Mobile Outreach Van supports the community to promote safer drug use practices, to bolster overdose prevention services, and to reduce stigma and barriers to services.
What we provide
- Harm reduction supplies and education (needles, cookers, tourniquets, sterile water, pipes, alcohol swabs, band-aids, male and female condoms, Vitamin C, etc.)
- Overdose prevention education
- Naloxone kits
- Hygiene items (soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, etc.)
- Snacks and water
- Information regarding community resources and supports
- Drug testing
- Bad Date reporting
- Harm reduction debris clean-up
Please remember to use SHARPS containers to dispose of your syringes/needles/rigs/spikes.
Use all clean every time all the time.
The Mobile Outreach Van responds to phone, text, and e-mail requests for services throughout the South Okanagan during operating hours.
The hours of operation are:
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 5pm – 9pm
Wednesdays & Fridays, 11am – 5pm
Contact the Mobile Outreach Program at 250- 809-7054 or firstname.lastname@example.org