As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve, SOWINS is dedicated to the well-being and safety of the communities we serve.
We are monitoring updates from the Public Health Agency of Canada, HealthLink BC and BC Centre for Disease Control for guidance and recommendations as we affirm our existing practices while implementing new operational practices at all our facilities.
SOWINS Emergency Shelter
We continue to support women, youth and children fleeing or at risk of abuse.
SOWINS emergency phone line is available 24/7 ph: 250-493-7233.
SOWINS Counselling and Administration Office
The current pandemic has required us to modify how we deliver services.
We are currently open, observing COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines.
For inquiries, or to setup an appointment, contact our administration office number: 250-493-4366.
Mobile Outreach Van
The van continues to support the South Okanagan-Similkameen communities with Harm reduction supplies and Naloxone.
For additional information, call or text: 250-809-7054.
We are taking important steps to help you stay protected.
- Mandatory use of masks in common areas.
- We are asking any member of our community, including staff and volunteers with cold/flu like symptoms, who think they might have been exposed, or a family member has been diagnosed with COVID-19, to refrain from visiting SOWINS facilities, seek medical advice where appropriate and to return when they are cleared to do so by their health care provider.
Additionally, we have adopted the following practices:
- Enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces at all facilities operated by SOWINS.
- Regular hand washing is encouraged.
- Using tissues and hand sanitizer which are provided at all SOWINS facilities.
- Encouraging social distancing
- Imposing mandatory self-quarantine for all SOWINS staff who have travelled outside of Canada
As the situation continues to evolve, please be assured that we will be constantly reassessing and adapting our processes to adhere to the latest updates and health guidelines. If you have any questions and/or concerns, you can email us at: email@example.com.
Here for you during COVID-19
Monday to Friday from 10:00am to 3:00pm
Live Chat Now Available
Need to talk?
We now offer live chat with a qualified SOWINS representative.
Click the button to go to our chat page and get started.
Share this page
Our programs and services provide shelter, safety and support by helping individuals recognize, understand and overcome the impacts of abuse. Our services are provided to individuals who have experienced, or who are at risk of experiencing violence or abuse in the South Okanagan (from Summerland to Osoyoos and from Naramata to Keremeos).Learn More